2018 Nissan Sentra Review
Rhode Island drivers across the East Providence region love to hit the roads of Pawtucket, Cranston, and other local communities in a sleek, new sedan. There’s just something invigorating about being behind the wheel of a new car, and driving a Nissan evokes a feeling of class and comfort as well as style. For a long time, the Nissan Sentra long time has been a leader in the small sedan class, with great comfort, superior performance, and plenty of space and technology.
So, what exactly can we expect from the 2018 Nissan Sentra? Learn all you need to know about the new 2018 Nissan Sentra, its technology, features, and performance in this review from the experts at Stateline Nissan.
2018 Nissan Sentra: Performance
As a sedan, the Nissan Sentra combines power with fuel efficiency. Under the hood, you’ll find one of three engines:
- A standard 1.8L 4-cylinder engine, which produces 130 horsepower and 128 lb-ft of torque.
- An available 1.8L 4-cylinder engine, capable of generating 124 horsepoewr and 125 lb-ft of torque.
- An upgraded 1.6L turbocharged engine, which delivers 188 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque.
The standard engine comes paired to a 6-speed manual transmission. However, there’s an available Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission) for the base model, which also comes standard on higher trim levels. Despite the powerful engine outputs, the 2018 Sentra is able to maintain an EPA-estimated 29 city/37 highway MPG, so you can cruise past the gas stations as you soar down the highway.1
Check-out our complete breakdown of the safety features, performance, and technology that you’ll get with each of the 2018 Nissan Sentra trim levels.
2018 Nissan Sentra: Media & Technology
Along with being a fuel-efficient ride, the 2018 Sentra is also equipped with many technology features for a fun-filled driving experience. Inside of the Nissan Sentra, you’ll discover the standard 5-inch color display with a four-speaker audio system.
Or, you can opt for the 5.8-inch touchscreen monitor for even more convenience. To connect your phone to your 2018 Sentra, you can use Bluetooth® streaming audio, so you can play your favorite playlists on your commutes to work. With standard speed-sensitive volume control, too, you’ll have concert-like sound, especially with the optional 8-speaker Bose® Premium Audio System.
2018 Nissan Sentra: Interior Comfort
All of these technology features wouldn’t be helpful if you felt cramped inside of your ride. Fortunately, the Nissan Sentra provides plenty of space to stretch out and relax in:
Along with the spacious interior, the 2018 Sentra comes with Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control. With this advanced system, the driver and front passenger can customize the temperature to their preference. Even if you prefer it cooler while your passenger likes it warm, this feature can maintain separate temperature settings to keep everyone comfortable.
There’s also steering-wheel-mounted controls, so you can take control with buttons right at your fingertips. From accessing the Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant and Bluetooth® to Siri® Eyes Free, you can do it all with your eyes still on the road.
Drive the Sentra at Stateline Nissan
If you’d like to try the new 2018 Nissan Sentra yourself, why not take it out on the roads of Pawtucket, East Providence, or Cranston? Stop into Stateline Nissan and schedule a test drive today!
1 2018 EPA fuel economy estimates for Sentra®:
• 27 city MPG / 35 hwy MPG / 30 combined MPG for 2018 Sentra S equipped with Manual Transmission
• 29 city MPG / 37 hwy MPG / 32 combined MPG for 2018 Sentra S, S Midnight Style, SV, SR, SR Midnight Edition, SL equipped with CVT Transmission
• 27 city MPG / 33 hwy MPG / 29 combined MPG for 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, SR Turbo Midnight Edition
• 25 city MPG / 31 hwy MPG / 27 combined MPG for NISMO® equipped with Manual Transmission
• 25 city MPG / 30 hwy MPG / 27 combined MPG for NISMO equipped with CVT Transmission Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions – use for comparison only.