Nissan Rogue Dashboard Symbols
Your Nissan Rogue is designed to keep you safe and in control of your vehicle at all times. That’s why the warning lights on your dashboard are important to keep track of. But how can our drivers in East Providence, Cranston, and Pawtucket know what’s what when a symbol lights up on their Rogue’s dash?
Our team at Stateline Nissan has provided this 2017 Nissan Rogue dashboard symbols guide to give you the details of what the most prominent indicator lights mean, what they look like, and what to do when they pop up.
Nissan Rogue Warning Lights
The 2017 Nissan Rogue warning lights are just another way the Rogue keeps you and your family safe while on the road. Sometimes, you don’t know when something in your car is off, or needs to be replaced or replenished. That’s where these indicator lights come in handy.
One thing to keep in mind as you read through these light descriptions is the color. If the light pops up red, you’ll want to seek assistance immediately. Yellow or green lights usually mean you can buy some time, but definitely take your Rogue to your auto technician as soon as you can.
So, let’s get down to it. Here are your most common Nissan Rogue warning lights…
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): The Anti-lock Braking System will appear either as just the letters ABS or ABS with a circle around it. This light indicates that there may be a problem with this system.
- Brake Warning Light: The brake warning light will appear as BRAKE or with an exclamation point inside of a circle. This tells you that your emergency brake is still enabled.
- Low Tire Pressure: The low tire pressure warning light pops on as an exclamation point inside of what appears to be a tire with treads, with the top of the “circle” open. If this light appears, you should fill your tires with air as soon as you can.
- Engine Oil Pressure: Resembling a teapot with a drop coming out of it, this light indicates that your oil is low and/or near needing replacement.
- Low Fuel Warning Light: This light will pop on when—you guessed it—you need to stop and refuel. It looks just like a mini fuel pump station.
- Low Windshield Washer Fluid: This light looks like a windshield half full of water, indicating that your windshield washer fluid needs to be refilled.
- Supplemental Airbag Warning Light: If something occurs in your vehicle that may interrupt the airbags from deploying when necessary, the supplemental airbag warning light will come on. This looks like a seated passenger facing a big, solid circle.
- Charge Warning Light: When a light comes on that looks like a battery with a positive (+) and negative (-) sign on it, this means that your battery isn’t charging correctly, and may need to be replaced, or it could mean there’s a problem with the alternator.
Find Out More About Nissan Rogue Dashboard Symbols
If a light pops on that we haven’t discussed here, feel free to contact us at Stateline Nissan at any time! Our drivers in East Providence, Cranston, and Pawtucket can also schedule service to address any issues that your 2017 Rogue dashboard is trying to warn you about.