Nissan Murano Dashboard Symbols
That’s where your Nissan Murano dashboard symbols come in handy. For our drivers in East Providence, Cranston, and Pawtucket, our team at Stateline Nissan has put together this 2017 Nissan Murano dashboard light guide so you’ll be able to tell what’s what if a light happens to pop on unexpectedly.
In our dashboard light guide, we’ll give you a description of what the light looks like and what it means, so you’ll never be in the dark when a light comes on.
Nissan Murano Dashboard Symbols
Your Nissan Murano is equipped to keep you and your family safe at all times, which includes alerting you when something might be off with your vehicle. That’s why the indicator and warning lights that might light up on the dashboard are geared to let you know when something needs attention.
Something else to pay attention to regarding your dashboard lights are the colors that pop on. If a light appears green or yellow, you can probably buy some time, but should consult your auto technician. A red light indicates something is seriously wrong. If you’re driving, you should pull over and seek assistance immediately.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): The Anti-lock Braking System will appear on your Murano dashboard either as the letters “ABS” or “ABS” with a circle around it, which indicates there may be a problem with your anti-lock brakes.
- Brake Warning Light: If your emergency brake is still enabled, this light will appear as “BRAKE” or with an exclamation point inside of a circle.
- Charge Warning Light: If a light comes on that looks like a battery with a positive (+) and negative (-) sign on it, this means that your battery may not be charging correctly, and possibly may even need to be replaced. It could also mean that there is a problem with the alternator.
- Engine Oil Pressure: This light is simply an oil can with a drop coming out of it, and indicates that your oil is low and/or near needing replacement.
- Low Fuel Warning Light: This light will pop on when you need to stop and refill the gas tank. It looks just like a mini fuel pump station.
- Low Tire Pressure Warning: The low tire pressure warning light pops on as an exclamation point inside of what appears to be a tire with treads with the top of the “circle” open.
- Master Warning Light: This light shows up as an exclamation point inside of a triangle, and means there is a general problem with your Murano. Since it could mean a few different issues, it’s important to get your car checked out as soon as possible.
- Power Steering Warning: If you see a light come on as a steering wheel with an exclamation point next to it, this indicates that there’s a problem with your power steering. Alternately, it can also mean your fluid levels are low.
- Supplemental Airbag Warning Light: When something occurs in your vehicle that may interrupt the airbags from deploying when necessary, the supplemental airbag warning light will come on. This looks like a seated passenger facing a big, solid circle.
Nissan Murano Dashboard Symbols: Learn More
If a light comes on that you’re unsure about, don’t hesitate to contact us at Stateline Nissan and one of our highly experienced auto technicians will be happy to help. Proudly serving the areas of East Providence, Cranston, and Pawtucket, we look forward to helping you keep your 2017 Nissan Murano in top condition