Ask Al: What important items should I have in mind when heading out to shop for a new vehicle?
Many times people are spontaneous when considering the purchase of a new vehicle. Unexpectedly, they decide to go out and shop. All the more reason, be prepared. You want to be ready to make a move when the opportunity presents itself.
Below are the top 8 things to keep in mind when heading out to a car dealership:
- Be open to finding your dream vehicle. That one and only, must have, love-it vehicle that fits your budget is usually right in front of your eyes. Consider the possibility.
- Have everyone present that’s involved in the decision-making process. You want to get all of your questions answered. When the important people aren’t present, you have to relay information that is followed by more questions. Have everyone there. You don’t want important points lost in translation.
- Know your budget. What is the best number that will meet your financial needs. We want to help you stick to it.
- Have your trade-in available for review. If you are trading in a vehicle, make sure you bring it. We look for various elements when considering the trade-in price and we want to be as fair as possible for both you and the dealership.
- Registration and Title. When trading in a vehicle, bring all necessary documentation, both registration and title. If you do not have the title, bring the bank and loan information.
- Know your Experian Credit Score. As you know, this will impact your payments and interest. And be honest with those results. In today’s day and age, information is so easy to find. There is no hiding the truth.
- Bring your driver’s license and insurance information. You will need a current driver’s license to drive the vehicle off the lot and we will need to contact your insurance company to update them on the new vehicle details.
- Be prepared to share your personal needs with the dealership. When we ask questions, we aren’t trying to pry. We want to make certain the vehicle you are purchasing meets all of your needs. Be open. We want to maintain a relationship for years to come.
Well, that’s about it. Certainly, if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To view our inventory, visit https://www.statelinenissanauto.com/new-inventory/